General Diesel Mechanic
Knight Transportation is one of the fastest growing transportation companies! We offer a high level of opportunity for each of our team members, while creating value through continuous training and development. We are a highly innovative transportation company who prides ourselves on our modern and advanced equipment and technology.
Why work for Knight Transportation:
- Working on modern, low mileage, private fleet
- Training Program on Volvo, Cummins, and International trucks and engines
- Financially secure business with growth opportunity
- A leader in the trucking industry
- Technician Mentorship Program
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Position Responsibilities:
- Perform diagnosis and repairs on diesel trucks/engines
- Perform tune-ups using established procedures
- Repair/Replace bolt on body parts such as hoods and cab extenders.
- Perform DOT inspections as outlined in Knight guidelines.
- Perform basic or minor repairs and inspections on brakes, tires, wiring etc. Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.
- Mechanical experience is a plus but not required
- Truck and trailer repair knowledge
- Knowledge of compliance with OSHA, DOT, and CSA regulations
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance – Knight Provides Basic Life insurance coverage and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 401K through Knight Transportation
- Paid Vacation
- 6-month review of career path progression