The Credit Manager primary responsibility is to provide professional customer service to internal and external customers. Duties include preparing and working customer aging report to identify past due invoices, researching rates, fuel surcharge, accessorial contracts to prepare and submit revenue or bad debt adjustments, and researching payments to identify over or underpaid invoices. Must be able to read and interpret customer contracts and implement new accounts and rates into our computer system according to the accepted contract terms and conditions.
- Identify reasons for short pays
- Collecting full open or balance due invoices within customer payment terms.
- Reprint invoices and backup documentation as required by customer.
- Create and establish trust by building a personal and professional relationship with every customer through verbal communication.
- Provide accurate, complete, and specific data to ensure the customer has everything necessary to resolve issues quickly and pay within terms
- Proficient with Microsoft Offices Software (i.e. Word, Excel)Proficient in Excel to include pivot tables, macros, v-lookups, formulas, etc.; excellent organizational skills, ability to read and understand contracts, ability to run and maintain Query and Sequel reports; ability to be a team contributor; good computer keyboarding and 10-key skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced team environment with exceptional problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must have a passion for growth and development
- Prior credit experience not is not required